Friday, January 20, 2012

Lists

I love lists!  I make lists for everything.  Two of my favorite lists are my Books Read in 2005 and The Pros and Cons of Buying Arnells vs. Hatches.  I love to go back and look at lists I've made in the past and see how things have changed.  We laughed when we looked at my menu plan from 10 years ago.  We don't even make half of the items on there anymore.

I was reading a fun book of essays this week and in one the author included her favorite list--what was under her bed.  It's was crazy and out of control.  I guess I do some cleaning because under my bed is clean.  Our out of control spot--our office desk.  I did spend hours filing, throwing away, and cleaning it last week so it's not nearly as out of control as usual, but I love the variety that's on there, so here's my list of the week:

On the Office Desk

  • Family picture enlargement for my mom
  • The Voice newspaper
  • Kathryn's report card
  • Two camcorder tapes labeled Dad's History-Vietnam
  • Monitor
  • My planner with nothing written down for this week
  • A red pen labeled B&B Repair (it's my favorite)
  • Reimbursement check from the ward
  • Kathryn's paper announcing "500 jumps on my pogo stick!"
  • 2 papers from Charity with stickers and drawings
  • Quote from FHE: "When we seek the inspiration of the Almighty in the performance of our responsibilities, we can achieve the miraculous."
  • Grandma Lyman's journals 2005-2007
  • Blue letters A L I E (Where's the other L?)
  • Printer
  • Mollie's black hat
  • Silver Necklace
  • Seminary tests
  • "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems" book
  • Bambi DVD
  • Adobe CS 5.5 
  • Phone
  • Pencil Sharpener
And that's a clean desk!  =)  I love how it shows our family's week!  Did I mention I love lists!

3 comments:

Ben said...

That's it? I thought the list would be twice that long! No, I like the list, Steph. I love lists too, but I've never done any list like this one.

Krysta McClure said...

Yes, this completely explains your family! No wonder you are married to Ben.... lists and spreadsheets... a perfect match! :)

Kristen said...

Well at least that sleep book is good for something!